I wrote the article about Altan Dinçer at Polish Wikipedia. I read in Turkish and Italian articles that after career he was a coach. Can somebody find the source and send it to me at my Polish Wikipedia talk page? On the internet I didn't find anything, so if you can, please search in the newspapers. Regards, Żyrafał (mesaj) 15:49, 22 Ocak 2015 (UTC)
A little help in Turkish Language[kaynağı değiştir]
Hello! İ don’t speak Türkçe. İ want to know if this phrase is correct the grammar: Türk versiyonu hakkında Winx Club, 27 Şubat 2014'de başlatıldı. The English equivalent is: The Turkish version about Winx Club, was launched in February 27th, 2014. Can you tell me if there has any mistakes? Thanks! --Josep Maria Roca Peña (mesaj) 00:20, 15 Nisan 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Josep Maria Roca Peña. "Winx Club'ın Türkçe sürümü (or versiyonu) 27 Şubat 2014'te başladı." is the correct form of the sentence.--RapsarEfendim? 08:45, 15 Nisan 2015 (UTC)
Turkish Chess Championship[kaynağı değiştir]
- @@Evolutionoftheuniverse: He-he. :) I meant that TR Wikipedia should have this article. P. S: I don't speak Türkçe; I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina. :) Merhaba, arkadaş. :) -- KWiki (mesaj) 00:13, 14 Haziran 2016 (UTC)
- @KWiki Zdravo, prijatelju. :) English one is only seems like a list of the winners article, if you have some resources and I can find some resources, we can start to this articles at least in three languages. --evolutionoftheuniverse mesaj 00:21, 14 Haziran 2016 (UTC)
Translation of the week/Translation candidates[kaynağı değiştir]
Hello! Sometimes I comment on the meta page m:Translation of the week/Translation candidates and I've noticed that recently the number of candidates and votes has been relatively low. More importantly, there is some unbalance in the group of 5-7 editors that usually comment, with 2-3 it-N users, 1-2 es-N, 1 sv-N, 1 zh-N. Is there any users from different language editions who would like to join?
Suggesting articles to be translated may be considered just a game, but still it is a fun game once in a while and at least 2 to 4 language translations are added every week so it does have an impact on the global perception of a topic and it is worth that the selection represent the global language community.
For this reason, I though it would be nice to leave a reminder to some "minor" wikipedia to take a look...
Wiki Loves Pride featured picture drive[kaynağı değiştir]
The competition encourages high quality photographs from Pride events and other LGBT+ cultural related images to be released to Wikimedia Commons. The goal is to see a jump in the numbers of LGBT+ cultural related photographs nominated for Featured Picture status on all Wikimedia projects.
Help is needed to prepare a banner in Turkish! See banner translations.
WikiScienceCompetition 2017[kaynağı değiştir]
Hi! Wiki Science Competition has started, yesterday a banner appeared on enwiki in USA making it officially "global", as far as I know. Sitenotices have appeared for sure in Spain, Austria, Russian Federation and Ukraine, and Italy will be join very soon with a massive national campaign.
As a member of the academic committee I did my best to reduce the gap between countries both in the composition of the juries and now in the outreach. I did inform many platforms (enwiki, eswiki, frwiki) during the preparation of the event, now I am informing all national institutions, associations and federations of science and technology I can contact, especially those located in countries without national juries (so, also in Turkey) and I am posting notes on LinkedIn groups everyday... and so on. That's why I am here.
Otherwise, if you have social media and you want to inform your friends and colleagues, the twitter hashtags are #WSC2017, #WikiScience2017, #WikiScience
- After 12 days this category is empty. A banner would really help to inform researchers in the area. All the other massive campaigns have not reached Turkey yet. maybe the banner-sitenotices in Greece or Bulgaria could lead to some influence, but the effect of neighboring country is limited and the Arab countries have not started yet. I have some residual hope of influence if the campaign starts massively in Germany with millions tr-N living there but I am not optimistic, I'd prefer something directly more targeted at Turkey. We just need few days to spread enough the news. otherwise I have to sent dozens of email also to Turkish universities but it will be too late.--Alexmar983 (mesaj) 06:00, 12 Kasım 2017 (UTC)
- I have also left a message on the User Group talk page on meta but I ping some of you I saw on meta here Kullanıcı:Merhabaviki, Kullanıcı:WikiBronze, Kullanıcı:Mavrikant, Kullanıcı:HakanIST, Kullanıcı:Chansey Raksidelic.--Alexmar983 (mesaj) 06:15, 12 Kasım 2017 (UTC)
- Başak FYI on meta we are discussing about sitenotices If you want to have one at least for the final days of the month, be sure to prepare a Turkish banner and to translate the commons landing page.--Alexmar983 (mesaj) 14:58, 18 Kasım 2017 (UTC)
Wrong name article with little notability[kaynağı değiştir]
Hello! I'm from Japanese Wikipedia. I was asked by English Wikipedia user to survey whether Marcos Tiago Bernard Rodriguez is a real peason, because this article in English was created by "Japan Football", the blocked user describing many false info. I find that he is a real person, but his full name is wrong (see en:User talk:ElfLady64#Marcos Tiago Bernard Rodriguez). His article in this language was also created by the same person. I want to propose it for deletion because it is next to impossible to establish his notability, or change its name at least. I need help!--SilverSpeech (mesaj) 09.41, 23 Şubat 2018 (UTC)
- Hello! Thanks for letting us know, he doesn’t seem to be a notable person anyway. I’m proposing his article for deletion on this wiki. The outcome of the discussion will provide whether he is a real person or not I believe. ~ Z (m) 12.08, 23 Şubat 2018 (UTC)