- 1 Altan Dinçer
- 2 A little help in Turkish Language
- 3 Turkish Chess Championship
- 4 Translation of the week/Translation candidates
- 5 Wiki Loves Pride featured picture drive
- 6 WikiScienceCompetition 2017
- 7 Wrong name article with little notability
- 8 Proposed decision from Langcom on the Ottoman Turkish Wikipedia: Closure, unless a group of editors who are interested in the language materializes in a week
- 9 Wikimedia Sustainability Initiative
I wrote the article about Altan Dinçer at Polish Wikipedia. I read in Turkish and Italian articles that after career he was a coach. Can somebody find the source and send it to me at my Polish Wikipedia talk page? On the internet I didn't find anything, so if you can, please search in the newspapers. Regards, Żyrafał (mesaj) 15:49, 22 Ocak 2015 (UTC)
A little help in Turkish Language[kaynağı değiştir]
Hello! İ don’t speak Türkçe. İ want to know if this phrase is correct the grammar: Türk versiyonu hakkında Winx Club, 27 Şubat 2014'de başlatıldı. The English equivalent is: The Turkish version about Winx Club, was launched in February 27th, 2014. Can you tell me if there has any mistakes? Thanks! --Josep Maria Roca Peña (mesaj) 00:20, 15 Nisan 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Josep Maria Roca Peña. "Winx Club'ın Türkçe sürümü (or versiyonu) 27 Şubat 2014'te başladı." is the correct form of the sentence.--RapsarEfendim? 08:45, 15 Nisan 2015 (UTC)
Turkish Chess Championship[kaynağı değiştir]
- @@Evolutionoftheuniverse: He-he. :) I meant that TR Wikipedia should have this article. P. S: I don't speak Türkçe; I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina. :) Merhaba, arkadaş. :) -- KWiki (mesaj) 00:13, 14 Haziran 2016 (UTC)
- @KWiki Zdravo, prijatelju. :) English one is only seems like a list of the winners article, if you have some resources and I can find some resources, we can start to this articles at least in three languages. --evolutionoftheuniverse mesaj 00:21, 14 Haziran 2016 (UTC)
Translation of the week/Translation candidates[kaynağı değiştir]
Hello! Sometimes I comment on the meta page m:Translation of the week/Translation candidates and I've noticed that recently the number of candidates and votes has been relatively low. More importantly, there is some unbalance in the group of 5-7 editors that usually comment, with 2-3 it-N users, 1-2 es-N, 1 sv-N, 1 zh-N. Is there any users from different language editions who would like to join?
Suggesting articles to be translated may be considered just a game, but still it is a fun game once in a while and at least 2 to 4 language translations are added every week so it does have an impact on the global perception of a topic and it is worth that the selection represent the global language community.
For this reason, I though it would be nice to leave a reminder to some "minor" wikipedia to take a look...
Wiki Loves Pride featured picture drive[kaynağı değiştir]
The competition encourages high quality photographs from Pride events and other LGBT+ cultural related images to be released to Wikimedia Commons. The goal is to see a jump in the numbers of LGBT+ cultural related photographs nominated for Featured Picture status on all Wikimedia projects.
Help is needed to prepare a banner in Turkish! See banner translations.
WikiScienceCompetition 2017[kaynağı değiştir]
Hi! Wiki Science Competition has started, yesterday a banner appeared on enwiki in USA making it officially "global", as far as I know. Sitenotices have appeared for sure in Spain, Austria, Russian Federation and Ukraine, and Italy will be join very soon with a massive national campaign.
As a member of the academic committee I did my best to reduce the gap between countries both in the composition of the juries and now in the outreach. I did inform many platforms (enwiki, eswiki, frwiki) during the preparation of the event, now I am informing all national institutions, associations and federations of science and technology I can contact, especially those located in countries without national juries (so, also in Turkey) and I am posting notes on LinkedIn groups everyday... and so on. That's why I am here.
Otherwise, if you have social media and you want to inform your friends and colleagues, the twitter hashtags are #WSC2017, #WikiScience2017, #WikiScience
- After 12 days this category is empty. A banner would really help to inform researchers in the area. All the other massive campaigns have not reached Turkey yet. maybe the banner-sitenotices in Greece or Bulgaria could lead to some influence, but the effect of neighboring country is limited and the Arab countries have not started yet. I have some residual hope of influence if the campaign starts massively in Germany with millions tr-N living there but I am not optimistic, I'd prefer something directly more targeted at Turkey. We just need few days to spread enough the news. otherwise I have to sent dozens of email also to Turkish universities but it will be too late.--Alexmar983 (mesaj) 06:00, 12 Kasım 2017 (UTC)
- I have also left a message on the User Group talk page on meta but I ping some of you I saw on meta here Kullanıcı:Merhabaviki, Kullanıcı:WikiBronze, Kullanıcı:Mavrikant, Kullanıcı:HakanIST, Kullanıcı:Chansey Raksidelic.--Alexmar983 (mesaj) 06:15, 12 Kasım 2017 (UTC)
- Başak FYI on meta we are discussing about sitenotices If you want to have one at least for the final days of the month, be sure to prepare a Turkish banner and to translate the commons landing page.--Alexmar983 (mesaj) 14:58, 18 Kasım 2017 (UTC)
Wrong name article with little notability[kaynağı değiştir]
Hello! I'm from Japanese Wikipedia. I was asked by English Wikipedia user to survey whether Marcos Tiago Bernard Rodriguez is a real peason, because this article in English was created by "Japan Football", the blocked user describing many false info. I find that he is a real person, but his full name is wrong (see en:User talk:ElfLady64#Marcos Tiago Bernard Rodriguez). His article in this language was also created by the same person. I want to propose it for deletion because it is next to impossible to establish his notability, or change its name at least. I need help!--SilverSpeech (mesaj) 09.41, 23 Şubat 2018 (UTC)
- Hello! Thanks for letting us know, he doesn’t seem to be a notable person anyway. I’m proposing his article for deletion on this wiki. The outcome of the discussion will provide whether he is a real person or not I believe. ~ Z (m) 12.08, 23 Şubat 2018 (UTC)
Proposed decision from Langcom on the Ottoman Turkish Wikipedia: Closure, unless a group of editors who are interested in the language materializes in a week[kaynağı değiştir]
Hi, guys! Some of you may wonder about the status of the request to form an Ottoman Turkish Wikipedia. There is a proposed decision here: meta:Requests_for_new_languages/Wikipedia_Ottoman_Turkish_4#Proposed_decisions
The proposed decision is a rejection of the project as it is a historical non-native language (as "Court" Ottomah Turkish was a learned language of the elites, and today has no native speakers). Langcom is also fearful that such a Wiki would become a "content fork" of the Modern Turkish Wikipedia that would be politically biased.
There is however a way forward: "If new contributors come forward—and can demonstrate the existence of a body of people who will contribute, preferably from both within and outside Turkey—we would entertain a new request. However, a new request lacking evidence of this can and will be speedy-closed. And even if the new request is legitimate, we will encourage the contributors to create the project outside of Wikimedia."
I would also suggest that people make sure it is not a politically biased project.
My thoughts: On one hand I personally like the idea of a wiki created in a historical trade/elite language for academic purposes and find the concept interesting, but on the other hand it's important to be honest about the status of Ottoman Turkish (it is not, and had not, been the kind of language Langcom is looking for: natively spoken and current) and the likely contributor base (pretty much academics). If academics decide to make an Ottoman Turkish Wikipedia, as long as they take care to avoid political bias, I think that would be the best way to handle the matter.
P.S. if you do wish to move forward with this, please clean up what's in the incubator within a month, as there is an allegation that it was translated or transliterated from modern Turkish Wikipedia without attribution, which makes it a copyright violation.
Wikimedia Sustainability Initiative[kaynağı değiştir]
Hi all. Please help us to translate Sustainability Initiative on meta in your language and add your name to the list of supporters to show your commitment to environment protection. Let's spread the word! Kind regards, --Daniele Pugliesi (mesaj) 16.44, 28 Kasım 2018 (UTC)