Alabama valileri listesi
Gezinti kısmına atla Arama kısmına atla
|#[d]||Vali||Term start||Term end||Party||Lt. Governor[e][f]||Terms[g]|
|1||William Wyatt Bibb||14 Aralık 1819||10 Temmuz 1820||Democratic-
|2||Thomas Bibb||10 Temmuz 1820||9 Kasım 1821||Democratic-
|3||Israel Pickens||9 Kasım 1821||25 Kasım 1825||Democratic-
|4||John Murphy||25 Kasım 1825||25 Kasım 1829||Jackson
|5||Gabriel Moore||25 Kasım 1829||3 Mart 1831||Jackson
|6||Samuel B. Moore||3 Mart 1831||26 Kasım 1831||Democratic||1⁄2[i]|
|7||John Gayle||26 Kasım 1831||21 Kasım 1835||Democratic||2|
|8||Clement Comer Clay||25 Kasım 1835||17 Temmuz 1837||Democratic||1⁄2[j]|
|9||Hugh McVay||17 Temmuz 1837||30 Kasım 1837||Democratic||1⁄2[i]|
|10||Arthur P. Bagby||30 Kasım 1837||22 Kasım 1841||Democratic||2|
|11||Benjamin Fitzpatrick||22 Kasım 1841||10 Aralık 1845||Democratic||2|
|12||Joshua L. Martin||10 Aralık 1845||16 Aralık 1847||Independent||1[k]|
|13||Reuben Chapman||16 Aralık 1847||17 Aralık 1849||Democratic||1|
|14||Henry W. Collier||17 Aralık 1849||20 Aralık 1853||Democratic||2|
|15||John A. Winston||December 20, 1853||December 1, 1857||Democratic||2|
|16||Andrew B. Moore||December 1, 1857||December 2, 1861||Democratic||2|
|17||John Gill Shorter||December 2, 1861||December 1, 1863||Democratic||1|
|18||Thomas H. Watts||December 1, 1863||May 1, 1865||Democratic||1⁄2[l]|
|19||Lewis E. Parsons||June 21, 1865||December 13, 1865||Democratic||1⁄2[m]|
|20||Robert M. Patton||December 13, 1865||July 24, 1868||Pre-War Whig||1[n]|
|—||Wager Swayne||March 2, 1867||July 14, 1868||Military||—[o]|
|21||William Hugh Smith||July 24, 1868||November 26, 1870||Republican||None||1[p]|
|Andrew J. Applegate[h]|
|22||Robert B. Lindsay||November 26, 1870||November 17, 1872||Democratic||Edward H. Moren||1[p]|
|23||David P. Lewis||November 17, 1872||24 Kasım 1874||Republican||Alexander McKinstry||1|
|24||George S. Houston||24 Kasım 1874||November 28, 1878||Democratic||Robert F. Ligon||2|
|25||Rufus W. Cobb||November 28, 1878||December 1, 1882||Democratic||None||2|
|26||Edward A. O'Neal||December 1, 1882||December 1, 1886||Democratic||2|
|27||Thomas Seay||December 1, 1886||December 1, 1890||Democratic||2|
|28||Thomas G. Jones||December 1, 1890||December 1, 1894||Democratic||2|
|29||William C. Oates||December 1, 1894||December 1, 1896||Democratic||1|
|30||Joseph F. Johnston||December 1, 1896||December 1, 1900||Democratic||2|
|—||William D. Jelks||December 1, 1900||December 26, 1900||Democratic||1⁄3[q]|
|31||William J. Samford||December 1, 1900||June 11, 1901||Democratic||1⁄3[h]|
|32||William D. Jelks||June 11, 1901||January 14, 1907||Democratic||None||11⁄3[r][s]|
|Russell M. Cunningham|
|—||Russell M. Cunningham||April 25, 1904||March 5, 1905||Democratic||Acting as governor||—[t]|
|33||B. B. Comer||January 14, 1907||January 17, 1911||Democratic||Henry B. Gray||1|
|34||Emmet O'Neal||January 17, 1911||January 18, 1915||Democratic||Walter D. Seed, Sr.||1|
|35||Charles Henderson||January 18, 1915||January 20, 1919||Democratic||Thomas Kilby||1|
|36||Thomas Kilby||January 20, 1919||January 15, 1923||Democratic||Nathan Lee Miller||1|
|37||William W. Brandon||January 15, 1923||January 17, 1927||Democratic||Charles S. McDowell||1|
|—||Charles S. McDowell||July 10, 1924||July 11, 1924||Democratic||Acting as governor||—[u]|
|38||Bibb Graves||January 17, 1927||January 19, 1931||Democratic||William C. Davis||1|
|39||Benjamin M. Miller||January 19, 1931||January 14, 1935||Democratic||Hugh Davis Merrill||1|
|38||Bibb Graves||January 14, 1935||January 17, 1939||Democratic||Thomas E. Knight[h]||1|
|40||Frank M. Dixon||January 17, 1939||January 19, 1943||Democratic||Albert A. Carmichael||1|
|41||Chauncey Sparks||January 19, 1943||January 20, 1947||Democratic||Leven H. Ellis||1|
|42||Jim Folsom||January 20, 1947||January 15, 1951||Democratic||James C. Inzer||1|
|43||Gordon Persons||January 15, 1951||January 17, 1955||Democratic||James Allen||1|
|42||Jim Folsom||January 17, 1955||January 19, 1959||Democratic||William G. Hardwick||1|
|44||John M. Patterson||January 19, 1959||January 14, 1963||Democratic||Albert Boutwell||1|
|45||George Wallace||January 14, 1963||January 16, 1967||Democratic||James Allen||1|
|46||Lurleen Wallace||January 16, 1967||May 7, 1968||Democratic||Albert Brewer||1⁄2[h][v]|
|47||Albert Brewer||May 7, 1968||January 18, 1971||Democratic||Vacant||1⁄2[v][w]|
|45||George Wallace||January 18, 1971||January 15, 1979||Democratic||Jere Beasley||2|
|—||Jere Beasley||June 5, 1972||July 7, 1972||Democratic||Acting as governor||—[x]|
|48||Fob James||January 15, 1979||January 17, 1983||Democratic||George McMillan||1|
|45||George Wallace||January 17, 1983||January 19, 1987||Democratic||Bill Baxley||1|
|49||H. Guy Hunt||January 19, 1987||April 22, 1993||Republican||Jim Folsom, Jr.[y]||11⁄2[z]|
|50||Jim Folsom, Jr.||April 22, 1993||January 16, 1995||Democratic||Vacant||1⁄2[w]|
|48||Fob James||January 16, 1995||January 18, 1999||Republican||Don Siegelman[y]||1|
|51||Don Siegelman||January 18, 1999||January 20, 2003||Democratic||Steve Windom[aa]||1|
|52||Bob Riley||January 20, 2003||January 17, 2011||Republican||Lucy Baxley[y]||2|
|Jim Folsom, Jr.[y]|
|53||Robert J. Bentley||January 17, 2011||Incumbent||Republican||Kay Ivey||2[ab]|
Yaşayan eski valiler[değiştir | kaynağı değiştir]
(Ağustos 2014 itibarıyla), six former governors were alive, the oldest being John M. Patterson (1959–1963, born 1921). The most recent death of a former governor was that of H. Guy Hunt (1987–1993), who died on 30 Ocak 2009.
|Vali||Gubernatorial term (years in office)||Doğum tarihi|
|John M. Patterson||1959–1963||27 Eylül 1921|
|Albert Brewer||1968–1971||26 Ekim 1928|
|15 Eylül 1934|
|Jim Folsom, Jr.||1993–1995||14 Mayıs 1949|
|Don Siegelman||1999–2003||24 Şubat 1946|
|Bob Riley||2003–2011||3 Ekim 1944|
Notes[değiştir | kaynağı değiştir]
- ^ Includes four terms served by repeat governors and four terms served by acting governors.
- ^ The military governor is not included in the official numbering.
- ^ Includes one term served by a repeat governor.
- ^ Repeat governors are officially numbered only once; subsequent terms are marked with their original number italicized.
- ^ The office of Lieutenant Governor was created in the 1868 constitution, abolished in the 1875 Constitution, and recreated in the 1901 Constitution.
- ^ Lieutenant governors represented the same party as their governor unless noted.
- ^ The fractional terms of some governors are not to be understood absolutely literally; rather, they are meant to show single terms during which multiple governors served, due to resignations, deaths and the like.
- ^ a b c d e Died in office.
- ^ a b c As president of the state senate, filled unexpired term.
- ^ a b Resigned to take an elected seat in the United States Senate.
- ^ Martin was a Democrat who opposed party leaders and ran as an independent.
- ^ Arrested by Union forces soon after the American Civil War ended; he was released a few weeks later.
- ^ Provisional governor appointed by the Union occupation; between Watts's arrest and Parsons's appointment, Alabama had no governor, instead being under direct rule of General George Henry Thomas.
- ^ The U.S. Congress stripped Patton of most of his authority in March 1867, after which time the state was effectively under the control of Major General Wager Swayne.
- ^ Military governor appointed during Reconstruction; though Patton was still officially governor, he was mostly a figurehead. The term start date given is the date of the first Reconstruction Act, which placed Alabama into the Third Military District; all references only say "March 1867" and "when the Reconstruction Acts were passed". The term end is also ambiguous, but it is assumed Swayne lost power when Alabama was readmitted to the Union.
- ^ a b Robert Lindsay was sworn into office on November 26, 1870, but William Hugh Smith refused to leave his seat for two weeks, claiming Lindsay was fraudulently elected, finally leaving office on December 8, 1870, when a court so ordered.
- ^ Acting governor for 26 days. Jelks was president of the state senate when William J. Samford was out of state at the start of his term seeking medical treatment.
- ^ As president of the state senate, filled unexpired term, and was subsequently elected in his own right.
- ^ The 1901 constitution increased term lengths from two to four years; Jelks' first term was filling out Samford's two-year term, and he was elected in 1902 for a four-year term.
- ^ Acting governor for nearly a year. Cunningham was lieutenant governor when William D. Jelks was out of state for medical treatment.
- ^ Acting governor for two days. McDowell was lieutenant governor when William W. Brandon was out of state for 21 days as a delegate for the 1924 Democratic National Convention.
- ^ a b Governor Lurleen Wallace left the state for 20 days for medical treatment; as lieutenant governor, Albert Brewer became acting governor on July 25, 1967. Wallace returned to the state later that day.
- ^ a b As lieutenant governor, filled unexpired term.
- ^ Acting governor for 32 days. Beasley was lieutenant governor when George Wallace spent 52 days in Maryland for medical treatment following an assassination attempt while campaigning for President of the United States.
- ^ a b c d Represented the Democratic Party.
- ^ Removed from office upon being convicted of illegally using campaign and inaugural funds to pay personal debts; he was later pardoned by the state parole board based on innocence.
- ^ Represented the Republican Party.
- ^ Governor Bentley's second term expires on January 14, 2019; he will be term limited.
Kaynakça[değiştir | kaynağı değiştir]
- "Constitution of the State of Alabama". Alabama Legislature. 1901. 9 Ocak 2015 tarihinde kaynağından arşivlendi. Erişim tarihi: 29 Nisan 2015.
- "Constitution of the State of Alabama". Alabama Legislature. 1875. 6 Ekim 2014 tarihinde kaynağından arşivlendi. Erişim tarihi: 29 Nisan 2015.
- "Constitution of the State of Alabama". Alabama Legislature. 1868. 6 Ekim 2014 tarihinde kaynağından arşivlendi. Erişim tarihi: 29 Nisan 2015.
- "Constitution of the State of Alabama". Alabama Legislature. 1865. 6 Ekim 2014 tarihinde kaynağından arşivlendi. Erişim tarihi: 29 Nisan 2015.
- "Constitution of the State of Alabama". Alabama Legislature. 1861. 25 Nisan 2014 tarihinde kaynağından arşivlendi. Erişim tarihi: 29 Nisan 2015.
- "Constitution of the State of Alabama". Alabama Legislature. 1819. 14 Ocak 2015 tarihinde kaynağından arşivlendi. Erişim tarihi: 29 Nisan 2015.
- ^ 1868 Const. art. V, § 1
- ^ 1875 Const. art. V, § 1
- ^ AL Const. art. V, § 112
- ^ "Alabama Governor Joshua Lanier Martin". National Governors Association. 29 Haziran 2011 tarihinde kaynağından arşivlendi. Erişim tarihi: 13 Ekim 2008.
- ^ "Alabama Governor Thomas Hill Watts". National Governors Association. 29 Haziran 2011 tarihinde kaynağından arşivlendi. Erişim tarihi: 13 Ekim 2008.
- ^ "Alabama Governor Lewis Eliphalet Parsons". National Governors Association. 29 Haziran 2011 tarihinde kaynağından arşivlendi. Erişim tarihi: 13 Ekim 2008.
- ^ a b "Alabama Governor Robert Miller Patton". National Governors Association. 29 Haziran 2011 tarihinde kaynağından arşivlendi. Erişim tarihi: 13 Ekim 2008.
- ^ "Alabama Governor Robert Patton". Alabama Department of Archives & History. 14 Mart 2015 tarihinde kaynağından arşivlendi. Erişim tarihi: 13 Ekim 2008.
- ^ White, James Terry (1900). The National Cyclopaedia of American Biography. James T. White & Company. s. 435. Erişim tarihi: 18 Ocak 2008.
- ^ "Alabama Governor William Jelks". Alabama Department of Archives & History. 6 Kasım 2014 tarihinde kaynağından arşivlendi. Erişim tarihi: 13 Ekim 2008.
- ^ "Alabama Governor Russell Cunningham". Alabama Department of Archives & History. 11 Kasım 2014 tarihinde kaynağından arşivlendi. Erişim tarihi: 13 Ekim 2008.
- ^ a b c "Alabama Governors". Alabama Department of Archives and History. 2 Mayıs 2015 tarihinde kaynağından arşivlendi. Erişim tarihi: 10 Nisan 2012.
- ^ Owen, Thomas McAdory (1979). Alabama Official and Statistical Register. Alabama Department of Archives & History. s. 17. Erişim tarihi: 28 Eylül 2008.
- ^ Nossiter, Adam (12 Haziran 1997). "Ex-Gov. Hunt of Alabama Cleared by Pardon Board". The New York Times. s. 18. Erişim tarihi: 28 Eylül 2008.
Dış bağlantılar[değiştir | kaynağı değiştir]
|Wikimedia Commons'ta Governors of Alabama ile ilgili ortam dosyaları bulunmaktadır.|